SC - Re: First feasts-long

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Jan 24 08:55:56 PST 2001

> One of the first tasks of the cook is to check out the kitchen which is
> going to be used, even if you have used it previously.  Ovens go bad,
> utensils disappear, and things may not be as they were the last time it
was
> used.

Not to be paranoid, but check the kitchen frequently... Say, a month before
the event, two weeks before the event, the week of, and the day before if
you can...

Of course, this opinion comes from dealing with our site's kitchen.  Which,
on separate occasions, had no gas for the gas appliances, had no burners
working, had two stoves of which they both would only heat to 200 degrees.
But, luckily, the warming trays have always worked perfectly.

If you are suspicious of the kitchen, plan ahead for each and every thing to
break down.. <G>  It has saved many local feasts.

Khadijah