SC - filet mignon OOP

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 06:30:03 PST 2001

We've found a lot of relatively inexpensive, industrial strength utensils and pots
at our local BJ's Warehouse and Sam's Club.  I suspect Costco might also have
some...and I know those exist out on the West Coast.  Dollar stores are also a good
source, especially for serving stuff.

Whenever we do a feast, we usually try to build in the acquisition of equipment as
part of the cost of the feast.  Sometimes we get more, sometimes less, depending on
how reservations are going.  Also, folks in the group have donated money and
equipment.  Finally, whenever the barony has extra funds, we ask for a fixed amount
of money to purchase equipment (this includes serving equipment).  As a result, our
barony is very well supplied for most things that we have to do.

When we find ourselves cooking something larger than usual (a Coronation or, as
will happen this spring, the twentieth anniversary of the Kingdom), equipment will
be borrowed from neighboring groups.  We make sure we keep an accurate inventory
and supply whoever is running the kitchen cleanup with a copy of the inventory so
they can check things off as they are repacked.  We have lost very little over the
years!