SC - Northkeep's Winterkingdom

upsxdls_osu@ionet.net upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Thu Jan 25 11:07:46 PST 2001

somhow I missed this thread until today.
I was very excited on our trip to Europe this fall to discover jujubes at
one of the upscale groceries in Paris.  of course I bought them :-> sadly I
had no period recipes with me to try them in, so we just ate them raw to
know what we were dealing with.  they're kind of like bland hyper-pectiny
apples.  they start out with a green apple like skin (though shaped like a
large date) and slowly turn brown to look more & more date like.  Next time
I'll try & cook them.  No I didn't try to bring any home - I was going to be
in Italy another 3 weeks & bringing back foods through customes is
problematic anyway.

wonderful to know that you can now order the tree here in the States!

Eden - any year now I'm gonna start that medieval garden...

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com