SC - Myths -- Taillevent

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Fri Jan 26 12:44:24 PST 2001

>Should the cook be
>"concerned"?  It is my belief that the cook is
>responsible, above all else, for putting delicious,
>well prepared meals in front of his audience.  If the
>recipe calls for wine or rum, and the cook omits it
>for fear of sending one guest on a three day bender...
>well, you get my point.  That guest should know
>better.  And certainly DOES know his allergies or
>limitations better than the cook.
The cook may have some concerns, yes - if he's the host,
he should make some effort to please his guests. Not
extraordinary efforts, no - but at least some. The best way,
I guess, would be to have a variety of foods available so as
to please a variety of tastes and allergies and such; and make
sure everyone goes away satisfied.

Alban