SC - LaVarenne and the Raspberry Turkey

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Jan 28 08:53:10 PST 2001

- --- Diana L Skaggs <upsxdls_osu at ionet.net> wrote:
> At a recent event in my area, the crats asked
> the head cook to provide food for an additional
> 50 people, the day before the event (at least
> that's what the head cook told me). IMHO, that's
> asking a bit much.  Especially when the cook is
> expected to purchase all supplies, then be
> reimbursed afterward.

That happened recently here.  Our shire worked a
barter with a local church - we'd put on a 12th Night
Feast for them to kick off their annual fundraising
drive; they'd give us space/time for two events.  I
volunteered to feastcrat, as I'd just acquired a copy
of Milham's Platina translation and wanted to produce
a feast from one source (as much as possible - notes
on that in a following message).

We were told that the numbers would be in the 30-50
range based on past kick-off dinners.  Well,
apparently, the idea of a period feast was welcomed
with excitement by the church members - and because it
was a kick-off for the fundraiser, the church
coordinator didn't say no to anyone who RSVP'd.  In
the week prior to the event, the numbers climbed ...
and climbed ... and suddenly, there were 81 attendees.

I did a lot of extra shopping on Thursday before the
feast, which nixed some of my plans for pre-cooking,
but amazingly, we managed to pull it together.  We
were sweating it, but luckily there were many older
people and children (who eat less).  In response, the
church has given us an extra free use of the church.

- - Lady Clotild

=====
Clotilda Suessionensis
Shire of the Storm