SC - Overbooking

Clotilda Suessionensis clotild_of_soissons at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 20:46:13 PST 2001

Hi All,

I have not had to endure what I would consider very cold camping in
the SCA, however if you can get hold of full size sheepskins I can
recommend no better thing to put between you and whatever mattress
you are using for insulating purposes.
I have used sheepskin over a 4" foam mattress with marvelous results,
and can see no reason why it would not work as well over an airbed.
I have found that the size used for car seat covers is good for a
single under blanket.

On the humorous side a friend of mine once had a sheepskin sleeping
bag made and found that they were unable to sleep with it closed up
as it was too good at retaining heat,
temp range was 5 - 10 degrees C.

D'Gaunt...