SC - My first attempt at a period(ish) recipe. (Very Long!)

WyteRayven@aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Mon Jan 29 18:28:15 PST 2001

I buy Kingsford's brand corn starch, and use the recipe for the Classic White
Sauce (medium white sauce) that is on the side. It is as follows:

1. Mix 1 Tbsp Cornstarch and 1 cup milk until smooth.

2. Add 2 Tbsp margarine 1 / 4 tsp salt and 1 / 8 tsp pepper.

3. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute. Makes
1 cup.

I generally just add cheese in the amount to taste....usually more than most
people. My mom made it with melted cheese on top, and I have to admit that I
have never tried it. When I make mac and cheese it tends to be just for me
and as a "comfort" kind of meal.....so in that frame of  mind I haven't had
the patience to put it in the oven I just mix the macaroni with the sauce,
and dish it up.

I would guess that you would just pour it into a casserole dish and cover the
top with cheese and stick it under the broiler until the cheese was nice and
toasty....but I suspect that you have tried that without very good results?

Hope this helps. :)

Ilia