SC - Newcomer

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Jan 29 20:42:34 PST 2001

Well, I thought I'd reply since I am fresh from a goose dinner and full of
opinions on it!

Sir Mistress Hilary has perfected the cooking of goose. Apparently many
people hate goose because it is incredible fatty. Her method leaves a
moist, succulent bird with all the fat in nice little jars. The goose flesh
itself is not at all fatty and the skin is crisp. However not only is it a
lot of work, there is not a lot of meat per person.

A thirteen pound goose was $45 and gave 8 people a good size portion. I
think you could have gotten 10 small portions from it. The bird cooked for
5 hours and had to be suctioned every 15 minutes.

Something to think about.

Beatrice