SC - Brown Favas

Tue Jan 30 08:00:28 PST 2001

Hey Liadnan. All 235 lbs of me agrees with what you said. However I think
part of it also stems from differences in life style. The very idea of a
couch potato just wasn't in the cards. Even the most stodgy people who lived
then had the choice of walking, riding a horse, or riding in a wagon or
coach with little or no springs just to get to church. The lady of the manor
might not do much directly of many of the household chores but she
instructed as well as supervised the staff. With possible exception of
royals the lady of leisure is post period. Also if you look at pictures
painted of people over forty - very few of them are slender.
Believe it or not the ideal of skin and bones is very new. In my teens the
ideals were Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe neither skinny by any means. Of
course I am sixty so what would I know about looking good. Margarite

I gave up being thin a long time ago.  I gain weight just thinking about
food.
So, even limiting myself to one bite wouldn't do the trick.

Liadnan - "never trust a skinny cook"