SC - OT - personal aside

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Tue Jan 30 10:48:06 PST 2001

? That is significantly high in chemical terms.
3 parts per million of phosgene is toxic.
I have suffered phosgene toxemia and can detect 1 PPM in air.
IIRC chlorine toxic level is 15 PPM, and I know for a fact that you can
SEE concentrations of 6 PPM as a slight greenish tinge to white things
in a well lit room.
margali
[the machine shop I used as home base for 7 years was set up between the
ammonia shop and the chlorine shop. Fascinating. I can put on a scott
air pack in 7 seconds from opening the wall mount case and flushing the
mask. I can also walk the 200 feet through the main Jones Chem.
Caledonia warehouse with my eyes shut and holding my breath. It is
amazing how versatile the human animal is.]

- --

MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com
HTTP://WWW.FictionForest.com
The Quote Starts Here:
I find it inconceivable that such a
small amount (1/100 of a tablespoon or 3/100 of a teaspoon) has any
significance whatsoever. These figures are accurate representations of
the
so called high percentage (10) of alcohol remaining. Using the
percentage
figure is inaccurate and not a little sensationalist, IMO.

Ras