SC - Brag

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 30 18:18:25 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/30/01 11:00:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

<< I seem
 to recall hearing, at some point last year, that our local Natural/Whole
 foods store (also current supplier of my new fix of whole-milk yogurt)
 was selling the fresh fava beans in season... >>

Favas are available reletively early in the growing season. They , unlike
phaseolus are not mush harmed by  cold, wet ground and enjoy best growth  in
cool weather. They are planted in most zones as soon as the ground can be
worked. Assuming that is  mid-March to the first week of April expect them to
be available around mid-June or so. They can (and often are) also be grown as
a fall crop.

Ras