SC - Brawn Question

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Wed Jan 31 00:00:25 PST 2001

Elizabeth asked:
> - --- Quicksilver <Solas_Sidhe at bigpond.com> wrote: > >
> So come on under The
> > Rock, pull up a
> > chair, grab a cuskynole and join in the fun!
> > -Min
>
> Min
> Sorry I have to ask but I appear to be missing
> something here.

Oops. "Cuskynoles" are definitely something that should go into an
SCA-Cooks FAQ if we ever create one.

Elizabeth, Cuskynoles are very much an SCA-Cooks inside joke. They
are a medieval fruit-filled pasta dish. One of the few recipes that
has a picture. However, there is some argument as to what the picture
really means. Masters Adamantius and Cariadoc had quite a discussion
once on this list about this. They went into a bunch of minute detail.
While it was interesting, it left many of us watching from the sidelines.
On this list it has come to be a joke and shorthand for long, drawn out
arguments.

There is a little bit in this file in the FOOD section of the
Florilegium:
cuskynoles-msg    (44K)  8/21/00    A medieval fruit-filled pasta dish.

Had I saved the messages as I often do, this file would be many times
larger.

Elizabeth, another suggestion on the Florilegium that I didn't think
of in my earlier message. If you can read a ZIP disk or CD-ROM, I
could copy the Florilegium to one of these and send them to you. I've
not tried this on CD-ROM yet, but I've got the hardware and the
software to do it. The CD-ROM would be the cheapest in both the media
cost and the shipping.

Of course this would only be snapshot of the Florilegium
and would be out-of-date within days but it would give you a place
to start.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net