Skinny Cooks (was Re: Re: SC - Re: coronation menu (long))

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 08:23:29 PST 2001

In a message dated Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:47:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Robin Carroll-Mann" <rcmann4 at earthlink.net> writes:

>"Paste" in period recipes, usually means something >closer to
>"pastry dough".

Ah. That makes sense, and something I didnt even think of. I am not only a beginning period cook. I am pretty much a novice at regular cooking too.

>It tends to be more than that.  One thing I would >highly recommend
>to anyone getting into redaction is an electronic >kitchen scale.

I dont have an electronic scale, but I do have a regular scale that I use for brewing. I just didnt think about using it. I took the authors word that 3 cups would equal a pound, and I shouldnt have. Then again, I should have added flour 'til the result was rollable....I'll know for next time.

Just as a note, I know that my results were not what they should be, but the day after making the cakes, they dont taste as good as they did the day of baking. It seems like the rose flavor is getting stronger. I have them in a tupperware container, so I dont think they are dehydrating.

>Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
>Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
>mka Robin Carroll-Mann
>now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net