SC - Brag

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 31 08:40:38 PST 2001

In a message dated Tue, 30 Jan 2001  2:12:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Bonne of Traquair" <oftraquair at hotmail.com> writes:

>I  recall learning that when recreating recipes, >translate 'walme' as a
>rolling boil, and translate 'boil' as a simmer.

I see. Sheesh, it gets confusing. :) Nothing like a shift in the language. :)

>If you boil the egg and
>cream, you'll get the slightly scrambled egg texture.  >If you have it just
>warm enough to simmer, you'll have a custard, and your >final product will be
>more like the creamy spread you expected.

I'll have to give this a try, I have never made a custard, but this started to curdle as soon as bubbles started. Maybe you cant see a simmer in something as thick as this.

>Which sounds sinfully good.

It does, doesnt it. :) I am also wanting to try some of the other almond butters that have been mentioned.

>Bonne

Ilia