SC - Re: OOP - Yule Loot

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 18:41:54 PST 2001

I know, I'm a few days behind the list.  Couldn't resist a little brag,
though.

This year was extremely profitable, as far as kitchen gadgets go.  My lady
and I both like to cook, and as we are getting married later this year, our
families raided the wedding registry lists for gift ideas.  We got us a set
of springform pans, a kitchen scale, a tart pan, a pastry cutter, a zester,
some spices from Penzeys, and a copy of Odile Redon's "Medieval Kitchen".
We also got two big ticket items; a bread machine and (drum roll please) the
475-watt Epicurean Kitchenaid mixer.  This thing is HUUUUGE!  Wheee!

Christmas dinner was (as usual) up to me.  There were only five of us this
year on my side of the family, so I did roasted capon, rye-bread stuffing,
mashed potatoes and celeriac, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans, garnished
sauerkraut adapted from Julia Child, and a steamed currant-nut pudding with
ice cream.  Oh, it wor nummy.  But with all the logistical problems involved
with getting all that kitchen equipment across town, I think next year we'll
do Christmas dinner at our house.

Vicente
(the bedratted machine makes better bread than I do.  Sheesh!)