SC - Yule Loot

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 2 12:27:52 PST 2001

I didn't get tons of stuff for Christmas but I appreciate what I did
get.

I got a lovely favor cross-stitch from my lady.
I got a couple of nice Heinkel knives.
A year's subscription to "Cooking Light" magazine.
And a new toy! One of those countertop rotisserie roasters.
The friend who gave it to me uses his constantly and I've been
thinking about getting one but this is better because I don't
have to pay for it now.

Tonight I'm going to see what's on sale at the grocery store
and do some roasting.

As for my holiday cooking:

I cooked a little Christmas dinner for my lady and some
friends. It consisted of a roasted turkey breast, some sirloin
pounded and rolled around a mustard/herb/breadcrumb stuffing I
dreamed up, roasted vegetables, homemade foccicia bread,
mini-quiche tarts and apple pie with ice cream with homemade
toll house cookies. I guess I wanted to impress her friends.

For my household's New Years party I made up some nice
appetizers of crostini topped with cream cheese, grilled salmon
flakes and caviar. I also made a homemade alfredo sauce for
three cheese filled tortellini. The host told me he had alfredo
sauce mix in the cabinet. Heh, he quickly retreated after I gave
him THE LOOK.
The New Years sideboard also contained caviar blinis, 7-Layer
dip, sausage rolls, chocolate covered gingerbread, champagne
punch, the grilled salmon, grilled teriyaki wings and assorted
quiches.

Much alcohol and fun was had by all.

Gunthar