SC - 7-Layer Dip

kurt radford ktradford at cyberport.com
Tue Jan 2 16:44:55 PST 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Michael F. Gunter <michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 2:13 PM
Subject: SC - 7-Layer Dip

> > Can you get the receipt for the 7-layer dip? It sounds intriguing.
Margarite

I live in New Mexico & this is kind of a southwestern type of appetizer.  I
used to make it daily when I worked in one of our local pubs.

It takes it name from the number of layers that you use.  You can adjust,
mix and match layers to your own liking.

First you should know, warmer stuff of the bottom and cooler items to the
top.
Beans on the bottom, a layer of cheese sauce or con queso cheese, a layer
onions (personally they don't agree with me),a layer of guacamole, a layer
of salsa, a layer of sour cream, and lastly top it off with grated cheese.
Serve with some nice tortilla or corn chips.  To make it festive and
surprise your guests use blue corn chips & regular corn tortilla chips.

Krysta