SC - Rusks???

Elysant1 at aol.com Elysant1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 5 05:16:49 PST 2001

In a message dated 01/05/2001 0:47:01 AM EST, troy at asan.com writes:

> They can be made from just flour and water, sometimes leavened,
>  sometimes not, as with, say, the zweiback toasts teething children
>  sometimes drool on lapels.

There is also a commercial product called "Rusks" available in Britain - made
primarily for babies and teething children.  "Rusks" are round "biscuits",
about 2 or 3 inches across, about 3/4" thick and have a mild biscuity taste
(I think they might also be available in a finger shape too).  They can be
eaten dry, or can be softened with warm milk or water and made into a kind of
creamy cereal.  I'm not sure if they are available in Holland and whether the
original poster was inquiring about this commerical "Rusks" product or just
generic rusks as Master A. mentions, but I thought I'd add this to the
discussion.  :-)

Elysant