SC - Chinese Crab - Charibdys japonica

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:35:58 PST 2001

>Yeah, I know....but, as you said, quite pricey.  The most reasonable way to
>do it
>would be to purchase them on our way out of town, and try to keep them
>alive
>until later.  I'll have to talk with Phillip...but if the prices are like
>they
>were last summer...and there's no indication that they won't be...we may
>not even
>be able to afford doing that!
>
>Kiri

Actually, if you don't mind the females (mixed sizes) they can be fairly
inexpensive - usually 3 dozen for anywhere between $8 & $12.  I have sent
them on a plane to Florida before in a thick styrofoam box and lots of ice.
They stayed good for a couple of days like that.

This year I'm hoping to go to Pennsic for all or most of two weeks.  If
anyone is up there and perhaps interested when I go, we may just have a crab
feast...anybody got corn???  How about beer?
Olwen