SC - Duello by Cheese Cake; High Noon in Trimaris, Spoons at the Ready

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Wed Jan 10 14:22:22 PST 2001

Was written:

><Western movie theme music, occarina oo-ee-oo-ee-oooooo, wah WAH Wah...>
>
>This sounds like fun!  Can you post the Official Period Recipes so we can
>reproduce this contest in other kingdoms?

The whole thing just grew out of a discussion of mundane cheesecake styles,
then it became a bake off with each of the ladies to bake three cheesecakes
in different styles still mundane.  I then through down the gauntle and said
why not PERIOD CHEESECAKE and provided evidence from my library for about 6.
Then the laurel who was asked to judge said yes but that each should bake 4
and one had to be "period".  At some point I came along with a "definition"
for cheesecake out of "Joy of Cooking".   If we want to foster such contests
in other kingdoms or even elsewhere in Trimaris I suggest that a better idea
is for the Cooks list to come up with a set of recommended rules. Perhaps we
could have an IKCC (Interkingdom Cheese Cake) competitions with winning
recipes going head to head at "Gulf Wars".

That in mind we first need to have a consensus regarding what a cheese cake
is.  Then proceed with suggested judging points rules based on a set of A/S
rules.

Daniel Raoul