SC - What's the oldest thing in your fringe

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jan 15 23:08:51 PST 2001

Kiri commented:
> Probably the bottle of kimchee that Phillip purchased a couple of years
> ago....but then that stuff is nasty that it doesn't ever go bad!

Yes, that I can well believe. Par mentioned a way of making fish (the
unusual characters didn't come through the digest well) that he compared
to a biological weapon. Well, if it was an biological arms race, the
Koreans would wurely have the Scandinavians beat hands down since they
have khim-chee.

There was an employee with a Korean wife he met in Korea in my old work
group who brought khim-chee to the group Christmas party for several
years, until he was told to please bring something else, that if he
brought it again, he and the pot were going out the window. :-)

so, let's see. The oldest item Stefan has in his refrig...
Other than some condiments, I think the oldest thing in my refrigerator
is the bottle of red wine hypocras from last year's Candlemas event. And
outside the fridge is the ceramic pot of compost. That is in vinegar.
Any idea how long that should be good for? I've been afraid to take off
the top and look. Hmmm. There may also, in the freezer, be a partial
package of frozen breaded mushrooms. The other half managed to loose
all it's breading when I tried to deep fry them, after popping a lot
of hot grease around, so I've not felt like trying it again.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net