SC - Rose Water perishable?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Jan 18 09:24:57 PST 2001

> I just purchased a 10 oz. bottle of rose water.
> Does this need to be refrigerated? How long will it keep?

It will keep quite a long time, unrefrigerated, as long as you do not
leave the cap off or subject it to extreme heat.
I've done both to my bottle of food-safe rosewater, and it still smells
and tastes like rosewater after 2-3 years. ;)

The larger (10 oz) containers are usually the standard, rather than
concentrated, strength-- if it is Shaker brand, then it is standard.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"