SC - Peppers?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Tue Jan 23 07:19:22 PST 2001

> And how would you use a pepper medcinally? "Here rub a little of this
> around your eye or on your tongue, and you will forget that little
> ache in your leg..."

How would you use a pepper medicinally? Well, ever used Tiger Balm Ultra?
*grin* the principle is similar. It's known as a counterirritant-- the
same principle as a mustard plaster. It's also used to combat infection,
chronic pain, poor digestion, etc. by consuming food seasoned with cayenne
or spicy tea with cayenne in it.

A modern folk remedy I use for really bad sinus headaches and fever'n'ague
is a cup of Celestial Seasonings' Bengal spice tea, brewed with sage,
mint, and a pinch of cayenne, and sweetened with honey. After the first
sip, you're sure your head will blow off. After half a cup, it feels like
your head IS blowing off. At the end of the cup, you almost feel human.
Combining this with rubbing Tiger Balm Ultra around the temples, on the
cheekbones, and the neck glands is very effective for me.  It's also
probably madly unsafe, so if you try it at home, on your heads be it. ;)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"