SC - First Feasts & changing traditions

Tue Jan 23 08:34:52 PST 2001

I have a fairly simple attitude about bidding for a feast.  If I am the
cook, where the meal is concerned, my word is law.  This is pretty much of a
necessity when doing thematic feasts (like the Elizabethean I did for last
Protectorate).  The Barony may accept or reject my menu and budget, but they
may not change it.  I am usually willing to listen to reasonable requests,
but the decision to implement a request is mine.

Of course, I've been doing feasts longer than most of the officers have been
in the SCA.  I have the reputation of feeding people well and not losing
money doing it, so most people take me at my word when I tell them what I am
planning, even if they are worried about the execution.

Bear