SC - First Feasts & changing traditions

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Tue Jan 23 16:05:23 PST 2001

At 05:53 PM 1/23/01 -0500, you wrote:
>> Nah, nah.  It's "Liadnan sez!" when you do it.  If you can do the job, why
>> put up with the whining wannabes who haven't had the courage to put it on
>> the line and do a feast.  The people who have been there are usually easier
>> to work with the the ones who haven't.
>
>Is it really necessary to cultivate an agressively uncooperative attitude
>toward the people organizing the event, especially when you have (in
>theory) volunteered to work with them?

I think part of the conversation between me and Bear was private, so you
don't have the whole picture.  It's not my intention to be agressively
uncooperative in any way toward the organizers.  I don't really object to
having my menu approved by said organizers, even if they have not ever
cooked a feast.  I will be as cooperative as I can. At a recent event in my
area, the crats asked the head cook to provide food for an additional 50
people, the day before the event (at least that's what the head cook told
me). IMHO, that's asking a bit much.  Especially when the cook is expected
to purchase all supplies, then be reimbursed afterward.

When I go into the bidding process, I will research and prepare a menu,
following whatever theme the event takes.  I'll ask this list to make any
suggestions, then ultimately submit my bid. I will base said bid on cooking
equipment available and the number of feasters.  At this point, no one
knows where the event will be held or if there is a theme.

Bear's reply to me was a bit tongue-in-cheek, and based on his years of
experience.  He was encouraging me to take charge of my kitchen and produce
a great feast.

I'd really be sad if I gained a reputation for being uncooperative because
of something I said or something someone else said back to me.

Liadnan, who tends to rule her kitchen with a wet noodle