SC - flavors was Rouladen

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Wed Jan 24 00:31:04 PST 2001

At 22:58 -0800 2001-01-23, Bonne of Traquair wrote:
> > > Anise, on the other hand, I disliked from childhood.
> >
> >There seems to be a certain set of people who simply dislike the
> >licorice-flavored seeds intensely. It's so consistent that I sometimes
> >wonder if it is genetic.
>
> Perhaps it is.

I have some anecdotal evidence supporting this (for a different flavour).

My father found a Japanese persimmon to taste 'raw' (and raw persimmon
is virtually inedible).  My mother thought it perfectly ripe.  One of
my sisters agreed with my father, and the other agreed with my mother.
I found it ripe, but with a definite unpleasant hint of 'raw'.  Not a
perfect classic Mendelian distribution, but close enough.

- --
All my best,
James Prescott <prescotj at telusplanet.net> (PGP user)