SC - filet mignon OOP

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jan 24 10:26:59 PST 2001

Wow!  My understanding of filet mignon is that it is part of the tenderloin of
the beef and should be almost tender enough to cut with a fork...and expensive
enough that cooking it any past medium should be a crime punishable by
flogging!  I've never seen a square one, either.  The cut is small enough that
you wouldn't want to waste even a millimeter of it by squaring it off from its
usual sort of oval shape.

I doubt I'd go back there again!

Kiri