SC - First Feasts & changing traditions

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Jan 29 14:52:26 PST 2001

> > With the only exception in the past 19 years of doing feasts being the
> > upcoming Hafla (which menu BTW I recieved no comment from the list on), the
> > above policy has always been mine also. Is it a good policy? I think so. At
> > the very least it prevents people who have little of no knowledge of period
> > cooking no opportunity to turn a perfectly good feast into a psuedo-period
> > feast and no opportunity for them to set the rules  for the part of the game
> > I play.

Yes, but such an attitude also justifies behavior that includes the
feastocrat foisting a psuedo-period feast on the event because they claim
the right to set the rules for everyone relating to the feast.
;)
And yes, I'm thinking of a specific instance that involves no one on this
list.
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"