SC - OT: Weird Dream

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jan 29 16:44:22 PST 2001

Ted Eisenstein wrote:

> >>  today I got to watch my 9 y.o. son, at the New York Aikikai, become
> >> the test subject of much, prolonged, spirited, but extremely friendly
> >> debate among several young ladies on the comparative virtues of Chinese
> >> and Japanese back and foot massage techniques...
>
> I'll bite. I'm terminally clueless - what the heck is "aikikai"?

An aikikai is a dojo -- a martial arts school -- where aikido, a
self-defense system consisting of wrist locks derived from aikijiujitsu,
throws and rolls derived from judo, and some sword and spear techniques,
is studied.

No, I haven't decided to grow my own King of the East... on the other
hand...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy