SC - A&S entry (long)

Lee-Gwen piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Wed Jan 31 06:45:08 PST 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Vicente

<<< I entered three sweet
dishes from de Nola: the Torta Genovesa, Frutas de Mazapan, and the Burnia
de Higos.>>>

Oooooh!  These sound amazing.  I am going to have to try them myself - hey,
yet another argument in favour of the wickedly expensive Vitamix (I think
that is the name) for which I have developed a strong yearning!  (Okay, not
a strong argument - a normal blender ought to be able to handle the nuts -
but, what the hey!  I will use what I can.  Anyhow, my good Lady is already
convinced by the making one's own fruit "sorbet" and peanut butter.  I
didn't think it necessary to mention that those things could be pretty well
done in a normal, cheaper blender.  Better not to muddy the waters with such
things ...  Anyway, the real reason I want it is to be able to make my bean
burger mix again - I have killed 2 blenders with this recipe!  It does have
uncooked, dry soybeans being ground to a breadcrumb consistency.  Who'd'a
thought blenders were so sensitive ...)

Oh, congratulations on your raging success!  You must be thrilled.

Gwynydd