SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2934 - noodles with sugar

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 31 08:33:50 PST 2001

Hmmm, you have a point there.  I'll cop to some portion of wishful thinking, trying to reverse-engineer research so my favorite comfort food Mac-and-Cheese is period.  On the other hand, noodle kugel is a great goodness as well.

Platina also tells how to make schmaltz, not by that name but the process of the extraction of usable cooking fat from animal fatty tissues is more or less the same and he mentions the use of Goose and other poultry at the end of the
paragraph. Book at home, Me at work, but that's how I seem to recall it.  Platina is turning out to be surprisingly useful for documenting use of familiar elements in modern Jewish cooking, isn't he?

Selene