SC - Re: A&S entry (long)

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:45:54 PST 2001

>Congratulations!  It sounds like you did a spectacular job.  I've tried
>cooking the Genovese Torta, but not the other two.  Did the Fruta
>de Mazapan keep well?  I've always been hesitant about making
>fried foods in advance.  Or were you able to cook them on site?

I cooked the Fruta de mazapan up the day before.  They kept well; they lost
their crispness quickly, but didn't go greasy.  The dough was moist and they
were fried in really hot oil; perhaps the water in the dough burst into
steam and kept the oil from saturating the crust.  All I know is, they were
good.

I just wish I could have tasted the other entries; I've got some dietary
restrictions, and I couldn't eat anything!  WAAAH!

Congrats on your favor.  It is more than well-deserved.

Vicente