SC - Presents

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Jan 4 05:15:16 PST 2001

Actually, you would be amazed at how much [or or little] iron it takes
to overload a system. Many people with the pennsic plague aren't
reacting to the microbial growth but to the iron content in water. MAny
people have problems metabolizing 'typical' amounts of various
chemicals, my problem is with iron. i get the exact same result from a
multivitamin with iron as I do by eating something cooked in cast iron.
I pointed this out to my md. back when I was a girl sprout and had
trouble on camp outs, and he did some sort of blood work and determined
I have problems metabolizing iron. I just don't seem to be able to flush
the excess out of my system fast enough, and I overload easily. It can
happen with just about any dietary mineral, although I understand that
people with the same problem with calcium have some particularly nasty
side effects like calcium deposits in the soft tissues in the eye - ick!

margali

- --
http://homestead.deja.com/user.marilyntraber/index.html