SC - Would you like 14 Metric Tons of Long Pepper?

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Thu Jan 4 05:39:39 PST 2001

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Not too surprising; I'm still getting over the revelation, accurate or
> otherwise, that Nobel's original formula for dynamite was sawdust
> saturated with liquid nitroglycerine to render it slightly more stable.

But, but, but... TNT is nothing like nitroglycerine. And I can neither
confirm or deny that I have made either one of them.

> > About as close as can be expected: "surströmming". Since your keyboard
> > most likely isn't umlaut enabled...
>
> Harumph. I use a Mac. My keyboard is everything enabled. (Ask me about
> the time my kid changed to the complete Swedish character set without
> telling me!)  Now if only my processor were a little newer... ;  )...
> not to mention my server.

What are you using as a server?

> Adamantius, who's always been told that sürstromming was tasty stuff,

Wrong use of umlauts. Go stand in the corner for 15 ms, listening to
Mötörhead. It looks excedingly silly when people add them as random
decorations to words.

> and wonders why rotten milk is considered tasty by many, while rotten
> fish (in this case only half-rotten) is considered repulsive

Dunno, I will eat both.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
You've given your life to Christ? I'm renting mine to Cthulhu