SC - SCA funds for alcohol.

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jan 4 19:08:22 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/4/01 10:34:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<< So anytime I wanted to use alcohol in cooking I had to pay for it
 myself. The four bottles of good brandy I used for one Coronation
 feast was a bit expensive.

 Yers,

 Gunthar >>

I am surprised that any local folks would have the audacity to set stiffer
restrictions than those imposed by the corporation itself. I am also  of the
opinion that such  'rules' are unethical' and questionable. Have you
approached your omsbudman about this? Control freaks are just as abhorrant to
a well run  organization as anarchists. It is my understanding that  policies
set by the Board encompass the entire SCA (USA) which is why the Boasrd is
reticent to make 'official' rulings without much thought and  research.

Anyway pardon the strong tone, I ma just curious as to why people allow
themselves to be controled to such an extent when the lawyers for the
Corporation have already ;looked into the matter and came up with  the rules
that were legally  OK.

Ras