SC - Re: SC- Turkish Food

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jan 9 11:20:47 PST 2001

"Sara K. Tallarovic" wrote:

> Other versions of this I have heard are that the Imam fainted when he
> smelled it as soon as it was placed before him (didn't even get a taste),
> and also that he passed out from eating too much of it because he couldn't
> get enough.  Gotta love food that is so good, it has legends grow up around
> it.

One of the more tear-jerking moments in my time in the SCA was
discovering that after the servers brought out my rendition of the
14th-century English Saumon Gentil, one young lady, a talented
storyteller, took one bite, then stood up on her chair and boomed out
the tale of Fionn Mac Cumhal and the Salmon of Knowledge. I found out
about it later, and the lady simply said to me, "The fish inspired me..."

Yeah, it's true, nobody fainted, and I imagine I'd have been alarmed if
anybody had ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy