SC - Chinese Crab - Charibdys japonica

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jan 10 06:49:19 PST 2001

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

>  Lucky for you, he lives closer
> to me than to you.

I suspect that, if he tried something like that down here, he'd probably get
tarred and feathered!  Most folks down here agree that limits have to be placed
in order to assure a supply for the future.  It's a pity that it has to be
because the watermen are the ones who really suffer from it...loss of income and
a way of life.  It really makes one wonder why we didn't realize what we were
doing before we got to this point!

Where does your brother live?  We live in Prince Frederick in Calvert County.  I
believe they do still sell "Maryland is for Crabs" stuff...it's just too good a
line to let go!

Kiri