SC - date of messages ?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 10 07:49:20 PST 2001

UlfR wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Angus wrote:
>
> > I recently recieved a reply from Adamantius regarding a surströmming
> > message. The twist is the date of that reply.  Friday the 5th. Am I
> > the only one experiencing this ?  Similar delays occur with the
> > SCA-archery list. These are the only two lists that delays messages
> > out of the eight lists I subscribe to.
>
> Looking at he theader: it was dated the 5th by whatever program he uses
> to send email, but left his computer today, the 10th. Two possiblities
> exist, either he has set the date wrong in his computer, or they've been
> hanging around there waiting for something or other. Sorry three, but
> that involves time warps, and I've never been able to get the hip-thing
> right, so I think they are mythical.

What happened was that at various times I have noticed computer behavior
that past experience has shown indicates an incipient crash, in which
case I tend to lose whatever message I am currently working on or trying
to send. On such occasions I will queue messages, reboot, and then send
any unsent messages. I just forgot to send the messages in the Outbox
from last Friday, then it happened again this morning, and they all got
sent at once.

Sorry.

Adamantius
- --