SC - OT- Britney Spears (was RE: Saumon Genti)

Lee-Gwen piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Thu Jan 11 09:18:42 PST 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: 'Lainie
> daughters, one of whom is suggestible and easily led, I worry about the
> example she sets for our girls

On the other hand, she is reported to be a fairly devout Baptist and a
believer in "keeping herself for marriage", so I guess it evens out.
(Unless, of course, she has been up to something new and naughty recently.
She is too bland (and not male and sexy like Angel from Buffy!) for my 12
year old, so I am not kept up-to-date on Britney's goings on).  My daughter
has a thing for Blink 182 and all the bad language et al that entails as
well as a pair of just-below-knee-length black lace up boots for which she
has a less than salubrious name (which I can't share with the List without
using language which is almost certainly banned somewhere in the rules!).
She also wants a black velvet corset to wear to events.  Frankly, Britney
Spears begins to look harmless at that point - whatever she may have done
(and I am betting that whatever it is, Madonna did it better and dirtier
well before Britney even thought of it). *grin*

Gwynydd