SC - My apologies

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Jan 15 10:41:06 PST 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:11:26 EST DeeWolff at aol.com writes:
> After reviewing my sniping, I heartily apologise to all who read my
> words.
> I was behaving like a "spoiled" child, not the adult I am.
> Please forgive me, and allow that I am very tired. Not an excuse,
> but a  contributor to my actions.
> I know I should not post such things, I will refrain from doing so
> in the  future.
> Andrea

	Oh, hey, I understand completely.  I have had similar things happen to
me in competitions, and seen it happen to other people (we recently had a
conversation about a brewing competition, someone who made a very period,
rather a sour drink, I gather, lost out to a very non-period, sweetly
flavored vodka.)
	When you have had the chance to rest and reflect, hopefully you will
find that you did come away from the experience with some valuable
information, such as the research you put into it, the last minute things
you had to do to make it work, and the things you would and would not do
again.  (Alcohol and chocolate notwithstanding, perhaps sugary sweet
nibbles for the judges?  Hey, bribery is a very period, time-honored
tradition!)  Perhaps there were some off-hand comments made by the judges
or even non-judges that will be valuable to you.  In any case, keep in
mind that any type of human-judged competition is a subjective thing at
best, and a different set of judges may have come up with completely
different results.  The entire experience, from the prep, the
documentation, the transportation, the set-up, the overall presentation,
the atmosphere of the event, etc.etc., will all have impact, whether
positive or negative.
	And finally, if you can't vent on the Cook's List about this sort of
thing, where CAN you vent?
	Take cheer,
	Christianna