SC - My apologies

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Jan 15 10:32:47 PST 2001

h, hey, I understand completely.  I have been there, done that, lost the
competition to similar 'whims' on the part of the judges.  And I have
heard many more stories about the same thing besides.  Hopefully, when
you have had a chance to recover and review in your head the comments you
heard, it will end up being a positive experience for you, if only based
on one or two off-hand remarks made by folks who weren't even judges.
The real value of the piece is often in the work you put into it, the
last minute things you had to do to make it work, and the things you
figure out you will or won't do the next time (alcohol and chocolate
notwithstanding, sugary sweets for the judges is a good idea..., hey
bribery is a very period and time-honored tradition!)