SC - New Laurel on our List!!!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 16 23:14:13 PST 2001

Adamantius said:
> I understood the Order of the Rose to be for former _Queens_, or perhaps
> other consorts in the event, say, of a Queen by right of battle and a
> King or Prince Consort, henceforth known as a "Laddie of the Rose". I'm
> not aware of any Counts or Dukes as members of the Order of the Rose, at
> least not here in the East.

Well, Duke Hector is a member of the Order of the Rose and he technically
was not the Queen. He was however, the consort of the only women to
win a Kingdom Crown by the Right of her own Arms.

For those who are not familar with this, his Queen, Rowen won the Ansteorran
Crown just before the first Gulf Wars. The finals were between her and
Duke Hector. They each won a fight, so it came down to one final, long
hard fought fight. They each knew the others fighting style quite well. He
did not throw the fight to her as some have said. She would never have
forgiven him.

They were a good Crown. Unfortunately, they've not been on the throne
since. I was the autocrat for Candlemas that year, their first event,
I believe, after Coronation as King and Queen. I was extremely happy
to have them as Crowns. I had enough to worry about as autocrat
without having to deal with an inexperienced king and queen.

Rowan had told me she would try to stick to the schedule, but to start
serving feast at the appointed time, whether they were through with
Court or not. She finished on time. Much, much better than some of
my experiences with other Crowns and Courts.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net