SC - Peers -OT

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 17 12:45:56 PST 2001

> --- Gwendolen Lambert <marillian at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > In reading the last few digests, it struck me that
> > most, if not all, the
> > postings are by Peers.

We weren't all peers when we started posting.  Heck, some of us are entirely
untitled, that doesn't mean they're not brilliant learned people.  I've always
been mouthy.  The peer thing came later.

>  I have asked this question
> > of a few Peers that I
> > know, and get dissenting viewpoints.  Perhaps, since
> > there are so many of
> > you (Peers) are on this list, you would offer your
> > opinion advice.
> >
> > I have been told that a person should never approach
> > a Laurel and ask to
> > apprentice to them; that it should be the Laurel's
> > choice.  On the other
> > hand, I was told that, how can a Laurel know you are
> > interested in
> > learning/apprenticing to them if they don't know
> > you're interested?
> >
> > Maybe some of you would share what you did and/or
> > how you became elevated?
> > Please feel free to email me off list if that is
> > more appropriate.
> >
> > Gwendolen

Oh let's see.  I became an associate to a Pelican by saying to her one day,
"I've been thinking about protegee-ing to a Pelican..." whereupon she accepted
without asking if the one I was thinking about asking was in fact SHE.
Fortunately, it was.  That was all the ceremony we had, too.  It was an informal
but long relationship of about seven years.  Sadly, she passed away six months
before I was invited into the order, but everyone assures me that she was there
at the elevation anyway.

Don't be afraid to ask.  Nobody will bite you, the worst they'll say is No Thank
You.

Keep asking questions!

Selene
selene at earthlink.net