SC - period lime use, rosaries

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jan 19 23:11:14 PST 2001

Aoife said:
> Several years ago we discussed pickled fruits, and I think perhaps it made
> it into the flori-thingy (I believe I posted a pickled lemons recipe that
> Stephen picked up, based upon a Fruits and Flowers recipe and another
> reference to pickled lemons, perhaps in relation to the Aethelmearc First
> Crown Tourney menu). The reason I bring this up is that the discussion is
> tickling a memory of pickled limes being the rage amongst young ladies in
> the book Little Women---the timeline there is admitedly after our period,
> but still historical. I wonder if there is a good and/or logical thread
> there?

Yes, there are a number of messages on pickled lemons in the Florilegium.
Either in the pickled-food-msg file or possibly the fruits-citrus-msg
file. However "Little Women" is well past our period, so unless that
was part of another message on period pickled lemons or modern ways to
do them, I doubt it's in the Florilegium.

Ok, I do have a file on Aethelmearc's first Crown Tourney. This is in
the FEASTS section:
rec-AFCF-art      (25K)  9/17/97    Recipes from Aethemearc's First
Crown Feast.

Thanks for reminding me of this one, I would not have remembered that
detail.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net