SC - Gyric's Feast Blues was First Feasts

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jan 23 11:46:49 PST 2001

Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> Lainie,
>         I'm with you right up to the statement:
>
> >An attitude of self-congratulation... is not likely to play well with
> this crowd.
>
>         I have never noticed a lack of self-congratulation on this list.  Not
> always, there is always someone who is saying "I could have done this
> better", or "This should have been like this, but the crowd loved it
> anyway", but usually, when we have done good, we crow!

Actually I was referring in the context of being proud to have produced
a non-period feast. Why tell that to the Cooks' list? On the other hand,
I recognize that producing a first feast is something like teaching a
pig to sing Verdi- the wonder is not in singing _La Traviata_, but that
it can sing at all!

If the aria is our goal, however, the warm-up notes are just that...

'Lainie