SC - Northkeep's Winterkingdom

Stephanie Drake steldr at home.net
Wed Jan 24 19:54:33 PST 2001

Ok - Northkeep person to fill in the blanks - It was a very good feast.  The
recipes came from the Domostroi, I believe.  I was not brave enough to try
the herring and I don't like mushrooms but my husband said they were
delicious.  The pickles and bread were very good.  The pierogies were
actually piroshkis which I liked but I found the filling a little dry.  One
of the gentlemen at my table actually absconded with the refilled bowl and
hoarded them he liked them so much.  :)

I was a little nervous about the borscht, expecting the creamy red soup I
see in delis, but it was a broth with meat and slices of beet and cabbage
and it was wonderful.  The ham was good and the carrots with cream sauce
were yummy but, as stated, a little underdone.  The chicken was roasted,
cooked all the way through and did have a nice crispy skin.  The stuff
underneath was kasha, which was a little mushy to my taste and I confess I
didn't eat much of it, too full.  The soteltie, however, was actually a
representation of the Northkeep tower, part of the groups device.  This was
Rosamund's first feast and I think she did a wonderful job.  There was no
significant wait between courses, everything was hot and tasty.  I was very
impressed.

Mercedes

Oh - and the music was wonderful - it was so good to see you, Liadnan, I've
really missed you.  See you at Mead Bees!!