SC - Surviving Estrella War

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Sat Jan 27 21:08:43 PST 2001

- --part1_da.192ef14.27a5035b_boundary

In a message dated 1/27/01 9:34:53 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> If it usually rains at the Estrella War, then either 1/5 of an inch of
> rain is more rain than I think it is or a lot of weeks must not get
> any rain at all. So why with so many weeks of no rain, does it seem
> to rain on the one week of Estrella? Maybe the Rolling Thunder folks
> have the wrong beat or something.

Well, that's the point. Arizona has two seasons, you know: Brown and Dead. We
get horrible storms over two major times of the year, known as "monsoon
season" to visitors...and "ick, not again" to natives. We may only get a half
inch of rain in each storm (the weather people put the monitors on the
airport...under something....in the dark....in the shade....) so that we all
natives doubt the actual to what we experience. But the monsoons go on for
days, and weeks, and there is rain every single day, usually at
non-predictable times.... Ten minutes later, nothing. Cleared up. These two
times of year are End of June to Mid-August...and, you guessed it, February
and March. Winter is the time when sane people flee the snow of north to our
balmy shores; because no one wants to come  visit in July when temps are 112
and 115 degrees at 4pm in the afternoon..... So, people tend to be in town
during the time of year when it rains.

And you're incorrect: Phoenix does indeed have sewer and run off systems. You
see the signs everywhere you go: City under construction. The problem is that
I've lived here off and on for 30 years...and they've *never* finished it.....

Lars--who doesn't mind driving in Phoenix, but glad she doesn't live
there....

- --part1_da.192ef14.27a5035b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  COLOR="#800080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Collage" LANG="0">In a message dated 1/27/01 9:34:53 PM US Mountain Standard Time,