SC - OT:OOP:Macaroni and Cheese

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jan 29 18:21:09 PST 2001

How's this for a fast response? <g>
According to the recipe on the side of my box of cornstarch (Kingsford's
brand), Classic (medium) white sauce is made thusly:
1.  Mix 1 Tbsp corn starch and 1 cup [cold] milk until smooth.
2.  Add 2 Tbsp margarine, 0.25 tsp salt and one-eighth tsp pepper.
3.  Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute.
Makes 1 cup.

A little further down, the box also notes that 1 Tbsp of cornstarch is
equivalent to 2 Tbsp of flour, when used for thickening.

It doesn't say anything about proportions of cheese per cup of sauce.  I
seem to recall 4 oz./cup from somewhere, but I could be wrong, and I'm a
cheese fiend anyway....
- --Maire