SC - OT - personal aside

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Tue Jan 30 10:48:06 PST 2001

Thank you very much. One of the reasons I've stayed in the SCA for 20+ years
is you can make such marvelous friends even if they don't live very close so
you only get to see each other once in a while. I'm crossing my fingers for
you on getting the feasts. If you need help in the kitchen in stuff I can do
sitting down I'll be happy to help. The arthritis doesn't seem to get any
better. As for Mead Bee, I won't know and probably won't until just before.
Bear and I fly to the East Coast the 28th to see Mistress Gwenyth's son and
daughter-in-law graduate from the CIA in Hyde Park and then a visit with my
youngest sister in Lexington. Much depends on how ready we are for the trip
and how the weather is. I'll let you know when we know.
Margarite

Margarite,
When I met you, your body shape was the last thing I noticed... it was your
warm
smile and twinkling eyes I noticed first.  Then I saw Bear... well, in close

proximity, he sorta makes you look petite.  But forget all that - it was
Bear's
gift of Almond Bread (I know he didn't call it that, but I forgot the name)
to a
nameless newbie, limping around on crutches, that made a permanent place in
my
heart for the two of you.  Because of your support, I'm finally getting the
courage to test the feastcrat waters.  I'm bidding NR Warlord (I really hope

they decide to go somewhere else but Dukani) and Mooneschadowe Guardian in
September. So, another innocent youth corrupted into volunteering to do a
feast!
Will you be at the Mead Bee Wars?  I'm planning to be there and bring my
first
solity (sp?).  You know, the edible centerpiece thingy we keep talking about
on
the list from time to time, the name of which I can never remember how to
spell,
because I slept last night and that brain cell gave up the ghost!
Sorry to waste bandwidth, but they upgraded my lotus notes and lost my
address
book - again.
Liadnan - PS. please don't tell me if you don't remember me. I don't think
I've
made another event you both attended since.