SC - A&S entry (long)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 30 18:18:25 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 30 Jan 01, , that Vincent Cuenca wrote:

>   I got lots of compliments, requests for recipes, and a few ounces of
> grains of paradise as my prize.  I was also informed (not asked, but
> INFORMED) by several Laurels that I WILL be entering Kingdom A&S this year.
> I had a blast, in spite of a case of the barking laryngitis.  Next time I'll
> bring more copies of the documentation, more food, and plenty to drink.
> Maybe I'll try some cold meat dishes, or pasties. Hmmm....

Congratulations!  It sounds like you did a spectacular job.  I've tried
cooking the Genovese Torta, but not the other two.  Did the Fruta
de Mazapan keep well?  I've always been hesitant about making
fried foods in advance.  Or were you able to cook them on site?

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net